The Black Assassin was a highly-advanced automaton designed by crazEcorp under the supervision of Malden. In Cult of Ustream: Season One, it was sent to Ustream, Euthora with the purpose of eliminating the last members of Alexander "CrazE" Knight's bloodline; namely, Valerie Knight and CrazE himself. Due to this, it became an adversary to the entire Cult of Ustream. It was the sole antagonist of the eponymous Black Assassin story arc.
The Black Assassin stands at 6' exactly, having a weight of approximately 142 lbs. Adorning its whole body is a black, thick, rubber cloth-like material that is bendable and exponentially resilient to tear- otherwise known as biofabric. The suit has many grooves and outlines, and thicker plating on some parts of its form, giving complex design to the one-piece, monochromatic outfit. Its head looks like that of a normal humanoid's; however, it is entirely faceless except for definable audio receptors on the sides. Its head doesn't seem to have any indentations of any sort apart from the outline separating the visor from the rest of the helmet and a thin lighted sensor in the center of its visor. The visor is entirely black. On its back is locked a detachable black sheathe for the impossible blade.
Skills and Abilities
- Ersatz Achlympery: Gained during Lord X-Giga-X's observation and experimentation with the Black Assassin's helmet. Through exposure with Darkshifted Mana, the visor analyzed and recorded a vast majority of its functions within (a fact that was unknown at the time), and activated an aether-incorporating device that sifted this sample of Mana and routed its origin. Elsewhere, a secondary, regenerating body of the Black Assassin received a transmission of the data analyzed by this visor, rapidly adapting a component that would be able to harness and process Darkshifted Mana during its regeneration process. Although not comparable to the Soul Phantasm itself, the component was highly successful in replicating its properties through Magic.
- Biosteel: The Black Assassin's structure is composed of regenerative "Biosteel", a substance made of an unknown matter that takes on metallic properties. Upon destruction, remaining pieces will regenerate into its previous structure and adapt to what had previously destroyed it.
- Biofabric: The Black Assassin has a suit over its innards, made of a mysterious material labelled as regenerative "Biofabric," a multi-cellular organism that takes on properties of fabric of any sort via digestion. The biofabric "digests" by overlapping and dissolving any fabric it comes in contact to. It swiftly regenerates upon stretching, ripping and tearing, or destruction through other means.
- Impossible Blade: The Black Assassin had on its person a blade of complete impossibility. Its blade is entirely black, not even reflecting light from its surface and therefore difficult to see its actual dimensions. The blade is thin and is approximately 82 centimeters in length, but seems to occasionally lengthen or shorten in size from time to time (though not considerably). The hilt and handle are composed of an unknown but highly resilient material with the hilt having a small push button. The blade is unfathomably sharp and can cut through most if not all known physical substances in the known Manaverse. It must always be kept in its sheath when not being used; the sheath is the only thing that prevents its destructive properties.
The Black Assassin, having advanced AI components and many advanced and high-technological equipment internally, is able to swiftly plot out possible situations and instantly adapt plans or tactics to those situations should they be chosen, all of this done in a matter of moments that incites its observation equipment to access this valuable program. Therefore, it seems perfectly adept to handle any and all battle tactics that it faces with what it has to its uses.
The Black Assassin's strengths differ, but an overall one being its autonomous agency as an AI construction. It has the strength of being unaffected by what normally would affect organic beings while possessing sentient processing far above levels seen by organic beings thus far. Its immediate processing of its surroundings, actions from others, and other properties in its environment with swift and instant calculations for the appropriate reaction reign it superior coupled with its equipment.
The Black Assassin's biggest weakness that lead to its ultimate downfall was having its central processing core in battle with it. Unfortunately, its helmet containing all of its technological advancements and AI were damaged by Espira Xirro, then utterly destroyed by Shadow Version 27 through the use of vectors to slip into its helmet and completely obliterate what was left within before it could regenerate.
The Black Assassin, as far as is known, was an automaton made by crazEcorp, under the supervision of Malden, for the sole purpose of becoming the ultimate destructive machine. Once fully functional, Malden gave it the command to destroy all immediate lineage pertaining to Alexander "CrazE" Knight's older brother, Brian Knight. Unfortunately, the Black Assassin became an amazing success, wiping out the majority of CrazE's lineage, barring his brother and CrazE himself. CrazE successfully incapacitated the Black Assassin for an indeterminate amount of time at this point.
Appearance in Ustream
The Black Assassin's next appearance was on Ustream, Euthora, near the Cult of Ustream Headquarters. It had its sights set on CrazE's cousin, Valerie Knight, who apparently survived the initial experiment. The Assassin seemed to have escaped from Terra, and was now in an even more advanced state than when CrazE first rendered it incapacitated. The Assassin's first contact with the Cult of Ustream was in combat with Espira Xirro and Valen Scarletburn, who engaged the the automaton in combat after it attacked Valerie and CrazE, as well as Shadow Version 27 when he tried to intervene. The duo of Espira and Vale were able to destroy the automaton's body in a powerful explosion. The blast left nothing of the Black Assassin behind, apart from its helmet.
In the aftermath of the battle, the Black Assassin's visor changed hands between several individuals. Initially, Shadow was given custody of the helmet, before it was taken by Espira and turned over to Lord X-Giga-X for experimentation. Utilizing his manipulation of Darkshifted Mana to experiment on the helmet, Giga unknowingly enables the Black Assassin to analyze and adapt the usage of Giga's achlympery Soul Phantasm to its own ends. A sample of the fabric worn by the Assassin was also turned over to Giga at this time, which notably absorbed a glove.
After roughly two weeks of relative quiet, intermingled with Jason Shaver's encounter with Death, the Black Assassin makes a reappearance in what appears to be a second body. At this time, the Assassin recovers its stolen helmet from the Cult. This second appearance results in a brief spar with the Cultists, before the Assassin flees the scene by way of its Ersatz Achlympery. Several weeks of tension occur within the Cult, as the Assassin seems to have disappeared, although it is certain that this disappearance is not permanent. The tension is compounded by the events of the story arc of The Debt.
Final Battle and Destruction
Roughly a month after the previous encounters, the Assassin struck again, fatally injuring Darius initially. In a massive battle, the Assassin shows its great power in incapacitating Giga and severely mutilating Jason. Espira once again engages the Black Assassin, but this time is overpowered by the automaton. She does, however, leave significant damage to the interface and processing core that was stored in the helmet of the automaton. Collapsing on the roof of the Cult Headquarters, the Assassin was finally felled by Shadow, who permanently destroys the Black Assassin by mutilating the internal peripherals using his ethereal vectors.
- "It is inevitable to your termination. But I cannot strike now while your allies are around. Termination must be met with the least amount of obstacles." - the Black Assassin, addressing Alexander "CrazE" Knight after he attempted to allow the Assassin to kill him in Cult of Ustream